1. Boil one head of cabbage in water about 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool.
2. In a bowl, mix: 3/4 lb ground beef 2 TB uncooked rice 1 grated onion (sm) 1/2 TB ketchup 1 egg salt & pepper
3. In another bowl, mix sauce: 1 large can tomatoes 1 large can tomato soup (or sauce) scant 1/2 c brown sugar lemon juice to taste
4. Separate cabbage leaves and roll a small amount of the above mixture in each leaf. NOTE: If you have leftover mixture after filling leaves, you can roll the mixture into tiny meatballs.
5. In deep pot, put alternating layers, first of sauce (crumble a handful of ginger snaps into bottom layer of sauce), then a layer of rolled cabbage leaves (and tiny meatballs, if you have any), then one layer of sliced onion rings, then repeat.
6. NOTE: If you'd like to get a second meal out of this, put a nice piece of chuck roast in the bottom of the pot, on top of the first layer of sauce and below the first layer of rolled cabbage.
7. Cook on low heat, covered, for about 2 1/2 hours.